The SWPS University invites applications for a researcher (post-doc) position based at the Center for the Study of Democracy, Institute of Social Sciences in Warsaw to work on the AUTHLIB project.
Within AUTHLIB, the research team at the SWPS University is responsible for the theoretical work package that elaborates a list of theoretically justifiable dimensions that will be used in the subsequent data-gathering stage. SWPS participates in the preparation and the implementation of a survey providing knowledge on how citizens respond to the various illiberal frames produced by political elites.
- Literature review and conceptual work within Work Package 2 (collection of theoretical material, analysis of the literature on populism and neo-authoritarianism).
- Planning and realization of the survey research (tools construction, cooperation with research agencies, etc.).
- Analysis and interpretation of the quantitative data.
- Preparation of reports disseminating the results obtained within the project, including research papers, conference presentations, papers popularizing science.
- Participation in team and project consortium meetings when necessary: in person and online meetings.
- PhD in social sciences (sociology, political science, psychology) (obtained by December 1, 2022 at the latest).
- Demonstrated research experience in the fields of the quality of democracy, democratic backsliding, populism, illiberalism, and neo-authoritarianism, supported by publications, active participation in scientific conferences, and participation in research projects.
- Familiarity with quantitative methods, including survey design, survey experiments, conjoint experiments.
- Fluency in English, good communication skills in international setting, both writing (publications, reports) and oral skills (conference presentations).
- Organizational experience in implementation of research projects (minimum one year).
- Ability to perform effectively both independently and as part of a group.
- Professional attitude, academic integrity, and collegiality.
- Competences to carry out specific tasks in a research project:
- Experience in conducting desk research and surveys.
- Experience in comparative studies.
- Expert statistical and analytical competences.
- Knowledge of statistical packages used in social sciences (R, Stata, SPSS), willingness to learn new software.
- Ability to present research results, produce materials both scientific and popularizing science for a wider audience.
- Employment contract of full time for a period of 27 months.
- Monthly salary in the amount of PLN 8300 gross (not including employer’s social contributions).
- Work in a professional and friendly environment, among excellent scientists and influential experts.
- Scientific achievements—40% of the final grade.
- Scientific and expert competences—50% of the final grade.
- Competences to carry out specific tasks in a research project—10% of the final grade.
Application deadline: November 22, 2022
Selection results announced: November 25, 2022
Date of commencement of work: December 2022
- CV including, in particular:
- Information of conducted research and publications.
- List of awards for research achievements.
- Description of skills and competencies to carry out the project tasks.
- Scanned copy of PhD Diploma or a declaration of the planned date of obtaining the doctoral degree.
- Radosław Markowski—Chair of the Committee
- Marta Żerkowska-Balas—Member of the Committee
- Anna Zając—Member of HR staff, Committee Secretary
The Selection Committee reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
For any additional information please send an email to: email@example.com
To apply please click here.